!show!: 4954|Reply: 9

DDNS Status is Succeed but not working

[Copy URL]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Administrator

hbadmin Post time 2011-10-13 21:57:25 |Show all posts
what is the ddns name,do you find the domain name from the label ,on the camera or box body,you can find a name like :demo.gocam.so

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

arakquiel Post time 2012-2-26 13:04:42 |Show all posts
As I'm testing the features of my new H6837WI IP Cam, I'm facing similar issue with the DDNS status. It says that 'Succeed' and when I ype "http://????.gocam.so" as the URL address, and it fails/unable to connect. Is there anything to be done about 'port forwarding'? Badly need your help guys... I just want to view my IP Cam over the internet browser before I'll go for a long vacation. Thanks.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

staruser0 Post time 2012-3-21 16:11:48 |Show all posts
Same problem here, But I used the no-ip free hostname. And is working OK. There are some modem/router with options to connect to no-ip or dyndns services. Check yours.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

arakquiel Post time 2012-3-29 01:15:58 |Show all posts
staruser0 replied at 2012-3-21 16:11
Same problem here, But I used the no-ip free hostname. And is working OK. There are some modem/route ...

Hi,
so you are not using the free DDNS (i.e. ????.gocam.so) of the camera? Is the included free DDNS of the camera not really functional or activated?

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

seytayfun Post time 2012-4-2 15:20:29 |Show all posts
Edited by seytayfun at 2012-4-8 10:39

Hello. you need to open ports for your camera first. if your camera's ip is 192.168.1.200, with an HTTP port of 55 for example. then you need login your router and add a port (from port forwarding or virtual port section) of 55 with 192.168.1.200 ip adress and 56..for next camera and so on...Then use IP Camera Wizard. To see if your ports are open test here: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

seytayfun Post time 2012-4-5 06:32:01 |Show all posts
I found out the problem. It is easy. You cannot view your own camera from the computer that you attached them to. you have to go outside and reach DNS site from a different Internet connection. This worked for me.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

bismarck Post time 2012-4-5 22:11:14 |Show all posts
I have the same problem.  I found that the ddns name of gocam.so is occupied by an IP 98.126.254.194.  I have 2 ipcam with go am.so ddns and i have ping bothbddns and get the same ip!  So, how can i solve this problem?

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

seytayfun Post time 2012-4-8 10:48:47 |Show all posts
bismarck replied at 2012-4-5 22:11
I have the same problem.  I found that the ddns name of gocam.so is occupied by an IP 98.126.254.194 ...

hi bismarck
make sure you assign different IPs and HTTP port to cameras by using IP wizard

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

bismarck Post time 2012-4-8 14:58:42 |Show all posts
seytayfun replied at 2012-4-8 10:48
hi bismarck
make sure you assign different IPs and HTTP port to cameras by using IP wizard

Hi Seytayfun,

I just deployed one of the two cam.  i have configured the IP and http port with IP wizard.  But it still not work.  I can access the IP CAM through WAN IP.  But I can't access the IP CAM using the ddns name.  I also found that no metter which ddns name of gocam.so I ping.  The resault is still the same.  The IP replied is 98.126.254.194.  It is not my WAN IP!  Even I try to ping www.gocam.so or abc.gocam.so or xxx.gocam.so, it also replied with 98.126.254.194.  I think gocam.so has error on it or hacked by someone.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

arakquiel Post time 2012-4-11 22:53:09 |Show all posts
Hello Gurus of the VSTARCAM, once again I would like to inquire on why I can't view over the internet the live video of my two IP cameras. 'would really be thankful who can help me on this... Here's the set-up of my IP Cameras.
I have my H6837WI cams connected wirelessly on a "Belkin N Wireless Router (model F5D8236-4)" and this router is connected via ethernet cable to "MoTorolA CPei 800 SerieS WiMax Modem". The WiMax Modem is the unit provided by our ISP for the internet subscription which has only 1 ethernet port. I set-up the router to be used as a wireless "access point". I gave a static IP on the 'router', and to the IP cameras outside the IP add range indicated on the WiMax modem. I managed to access the WiMax Modem's admin setup pages and able to configure the IP addresses of the IP Cam and belkin router (w/c was used as an wireless access point). On the port forwarding page of the Motorola WiMax modem, there's the usual LAN inbound/outbound port number & IP address input but there is also WAN inbound/outbound port number required input. So I just put the port numbers similar to what I placed in the LAN inbound/outbound port numbers along with the camera's ip address. After doing all this, the xxxx.gocam.so DDNS of my IP cams were still not accessible. I have also registered for a dyndns.org DDNS account and used this account to configure into the IP Cams DDNS set-up page, but still no success when I browse to http://xxxxxx.dyndns.org:8081, alhtough in the DDNS set-up page of the specific IP camera says succeed. please help me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Mobile version|Archiver|网络摄像机|IP Camera|Network Camera|HD IP Camera|Eye4 Smart Cloud|网络摄像机|NVS|vstarcam ip camera bbs    

GMT+8, 2014-7-31 15:21 , Processed in 0.223394 second(s), 21 queries .