Set as homepageCollectors site

vstarcam

Retrieve Password
 Register
!show!: 112|Reply: 6

Camera does not work after firmware upgrade.

[Copy URL]

!threads!

Friends

Money

KirillPashkov Post time 2017-11-6 19:50:22 |Show all posts
Hello.

Today I used to upgrade firmware on two of my IP cameras. Both of them are C7824WIP model. I have done it via PC upgrade tool (version 1.1)

During the upgrade process non of the errors were raised. Status went straight to the reboot. Upon reboot one of the camerea did not get upgraded firmware properly. Now when I power on the camera it does not do anything.
Previously the camera used to do self checks - lense were turning up and down and turning switching sides around too.

Now when it's powered on it is just slightly lights with red LEDs like its on night vision mode. The camera now does not allow me to connect to it or to configure. Even though it still connects to the network since I can see the established connection via my router. I tried to hold reset button for over 15 seconds and it still does not seem to reset the device. Camera still connects to the configured network.

I am afraid something gone wrong during the firmware process. Is there a hard reset scenario to repair my camera? How can I force reinstall the ROM and etc?

Please help. Any tips will be greaterly appriciated.

!threads!

Friends

Money

trigu3 Post time 2017-11-6 21:39:09 |Show all posts
ir leds on , no pan tilt , not on ip finder means , and non working reset means , your camera is bricked , binaries failed to load

The only way to unbrick it , is connect to the camera serial , and see the boot initialization

There is no way to restore to factory since that function is only enabled when what failed to load , doesnt ( encoder and wifidaemon bins)

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

KirillPashkov Post time 2017-11-6 23:39:53 |Show all posts
Edited by KirillPashkov at 2017-11-6 23:42 \n\nSounds really bad. Is there any way I can fix the problem at home? Is there a method to install ROM off the SD card or SFTP or some web based service?

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

trigu3 Post time 2017-11-7 15:36:53 |Show all posts
No , vstarcam didnt think about loading a firmware from sd card

If you dont see your camera in ipfinder the only way to fix it is through serial connection

For that , depending your camera , you will have to solder some wires to get access to the serial port and unbrick it

Been there , done that , 1st time after i got hacked and vstarcam support couldnt fix

2nd time , after i fixed it , vstarcam sent me a new firmware , which of course was not for my model and ended up  like yours , and again , they didnt know how to undo and fix

I ended up fixing it by myself , manually through serial

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Super Moderator

VS-support1 Post time 2017-11-8 14:37:44 |Show all posts
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thanks for your message, It may be bricked after upgrading firmware, Please following the ways below:
1,  Download and install "IP camera finder", connect camera and PC in the same local area network via router,
   check whether can search out camera IP camera, if canot,  please contact the dealer for maintenance;
2,  Upgrade camera via "IP camera finder”, How to upgrade, please refer to the instruction, visit URL: http://www.eye4.so/FAQ/1406
3, the attachment is the latest C7824WIP firmware version, please check.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

durgaprasadzone Post time 4 Day Before |Show all posts
thanks info..

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Super Moderator

VS-support1 Post time 4 Day Before |Show all posts
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thanks for your message, Firstly,  I want to talk about the PC upgrade tool, Do you mean the "smart upgrade tool"??
Actually, if you want to upgrade camera firmware, please upgrade in phone Eye4 or eyecloud APP directly, it is more safe and cannot lead to error.
I give you the following solutions:
1, connect camera and PC in the same lan area network via router or switch,
2, download "IP camera finder", and tell me the camera firmware verson, I will send you the corresponding firmware files for upgrading.
3, please refer to the attachment instruction,  make sure find out the camera firmware version and send it to me .

How to upgrade firmwar.pdf.pdf

325.11 KB, Downloads: 8

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Mobile version|网络摄像机|IP Camera|Network Camera|HD IP Camera|Eye4 Smart Cloud|网络摄像机|NVS|vstarcam ip camera bbs    

GMT+8, 2017-11-19 08:52 , Processed in 0.067041 second(s), 27 queries .