Firmware upgrade disables cameras (!)

[Copy URL]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Markus Post time 2017-6-20 20:59:27 |Show all posts
Edited by Markus at 2017-6-20 21:17 \n\n
Hello,
I have bought Vstarcam C7816WIP camera and it works well.

When there was a new firmware, I always upgrade to get latest fixes. I used Eye4 client or App-pnp-Upgrade-vstarcam for firmware upgrade.

Last firmware shows - there is a minor version upgrade (picture)
Upgrade1.jpg

BUT(!) after running firmware upgrade it shows that it downgrades firmware version (!!!)
After reset camera stops sending pictures to FTP (that I usually use to display images on web pages) so it really downgrade firmware to older version and problem is also that it shows that this older version is 'Latest version' (so not able to upgrade to newest).
Upgrade2.jpg

So using official process for firmware upgrade downgrades the firmware!!!

So I contact Vstarcam support and ask for firmware file for previous version 48.54.72.81 - they send me firmware file : CH-sys-48.54.72.81.bin
Then I connect to camera using web client and proceed firmware upgrade using CH-sys-48.54.72.81.bin.
After upgrade camera resets and stops communicate with clients.

Eye4 client - cannot connect to camera
Web client - cannot connect to camera
IP Camera finder - shows camera in the wetwork (but when opening web client - unsuccesfull)
App-pnp-Upgrade-vstarcam application - shows camera in network but is not able to connect

So using of this official firmware file camera become useless!!!

So I ask support again and ask for latest working firmware and description how to make upgrade.
They kindly sends me firmware CH-sys-48.54.72.83.bin with instruction how to upgrade with IP Camera finder application.

But (!) this last two possible ways to upgrade fails : IP Camera finder application and App-pnp-Upgrade-vstarcam application were not able to proceed upgrade. (pictures)
Failed2.png

Failed1.png

At this point I have two Vstarcam cameras, which stops working due to standard  firmware upgrade process (!)
So waste of my money or could tech support help??

Now it is on Vstarcam tech support to show that they are able to professionally support their devices.
Cameras are alive from the hardware point of view. IR leds blinks after reset so problem is how to get firmware into it.
And I have firmware file so I only need to apply it to camera to overwrite camera  firmware.

My questions :

A - is there any special app to get firmware into camera? (standard apps fails)
B - is there possibility to upgrade firmware by saving it to SD card and insert into camera SD slot? (I try it but with no success)

So can you please help me with this and show also to other users how to solve this kind of problems?
Show me that buying of this (good) cameras was not wasting of money.

Thank you in advance!
MD

!threads!

Friends

Money

Super Moderator

VS-support1 Post time 2017-7-3 09:31:18 |Show all posts
Dear sir/Madam,
Thanks for your message, I advice you can upgrade in phone Eye4 APP, please refer to the steps in attached imagine list.
what is more, upgrade Eye4 APP to the latest version.
33333.png
22222.png
111111.jpg

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Super Moderator

VS-support1 Post time 2017-7-3 09:38:33 |Show all posts
Open your phone APP, click parameter setting---firmware upgrade---check new firmware version and click "upgrade"

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Markus Post time 2017-7-28 06:00:21 |Show all posts
teDDy replied at 2017-7-14 17:58
Edited by teDDy at 2017-7-14 11:22 \n\n Edited by teDDy at 2017-7-14 11:22 Hello,
you tell that cur ...

Thank you teDDy for you response. I'll try to clarify...

You ask :
you tell that current version was 48.54.72.81 and the proposed one was 48.54.72.85.
After upgrade new version is 48.54.64.86...this is not a downgrade firmware, this is a WRONG firmware!

My response :
But this upgraded process was performed by default Eye4 Application, so this app deliver WRONG firmware to camera.
Eye4 app firmware upgrade shows that there is new version : 48.54.72.85, but afret upgrading and rebooting it shows that
actual version is 48.54.64.86. And now it says that this Now is is the latest version.

Try to scan all the tcp port range (1-65535) to identify the http port if available.
Than, if http web interface is available, try to upgrade from the maintenance page.

Yes, I can detect IP and port : http://10.10.10.16:5551/
but browser is unable to connect (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED)

Regarding your attached images...if you talk about 48.54.72.xxx version,  why version in picture is 48.50.72.71?
and why you're trying to upgrade a 40.50.200.x firmware?

Because I had this problem with two cameras :

one is C7816WIP (firmware : 48.54.72...)
and C7835WIP (firmware : 48.50.72....) shown on attached image

First when I ask vstarcam support for previous firmware (because new firmware stops sending pictures to FTP!)
I obtain from vstarcam support this 2 files :
CH-sys-48.54.72.81.bin
CH-sys-48.50.72.71.bin

So I open WebUI and upgrade firmware using this files (every camera using appropriate bin file).

After that cameras stops communicate with desktop/mobile apps and unable to open their WebUI.
I can only find them in the network IP and port.

From vstarcam support then I obtain this 2 firmware files :
CH-sys-48.54.72.83-C7816WIP.bin
CH-sys-48.50.200.72-C7835WIP.bin

so now I need just to put them co camera but I dont know how.

So is there any special app to get firmware (or with WebUI?) into camera? (standard apps fails)
or is there possibility to upgrade firmware by saving it to SD card and insert into camera SD slot? (I try it but with no success).

Thank you very much for your advice.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

网络摄像机|IP Camera|Network Camera|HD IP Camera|Eye4 Smart Cloud|NVR|VStarcam IP camera bbs    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 15:32 , Processed in 0.056902 second(s), 25 queries .