!show!: 13970|Reply: 20

C7824wip no ftp and email settings under the alarm settings

[Copy URL]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Private-Sector Post time 2017-7-23 07:51:31 |Show all posts
Edited by Private-Sector at 2017-7-23 08:04 \n\nHi,

We just bought three c7824wip cams, i want to set them to my ftp NAS. But i don't see the ftp and mail service settings under the alarm tab in the webinterface.

When i google, i see other users that do have those settings, what is wrong? Are those features deleted in more recent firmwares? The cam is advertised with ftp and mail protocols.

Here some specs i copied from the vstarcam.com c7824wip product page:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Protocol: TCP/IP,HTTP,TCP,UDP,SMTP,FTP,DHCP,DNS,DDNS,NTP,UPnP,RTSP,P2P,etc
Alarm action: Video upload via email/FTP server,Mobile App alarm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help me,

greetings Chris, Netherlands,.

!threads!

Friends

Money

Private-Sector Post time 2017-7-23 08:33:47 |Show all posts
here the status of cam 1

Camera Status
  Firmware Version   48.53.75.95
  Web UI Version   EN75.8.53.14
  Alias   IPCAM1
  Camera ID   VSTA518876KEZEE
  Alarm Status   None
  UPnP Status   UPnP Succeed
  Factory DDNS Status   Succeed
  SD card status   SD card is mounted

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Private-Sector Post time 2017-7-25 08:20:55 |Show all posts
Edited by Private-Sector at 2017-7-25 08:25 \n\nThank you,

After 2 days of trying and searching i already downgraded the web ui version 1 version lower! And ftp and mail configs are back, including other options like ddns and upnp settings!  The firmware isn't downgradable but at least the mail config works now!! Funny thing is, after downgrading the web ui version from EN53.8.1.14 to EN53.8.1.13,  i upgraded it back to EN53.8.1.14! And i still got the ftp, email, upnp and ddns settings!!

So i thougt it was a bug that i didnt have those options in my 3 cams. But then, how come those options will become available when downgrading, and still exist when upgrading back?

Anyhow, now to discuss FTP

The ftp upload of pictures doesn't work, my nas server logs shows succesfull login and logout from the cam, but i can't set a upload folder in the 7824wip cam, that kinda sucks. So ftp isn't usable. I have other branch cam's that do this succesfull and where i can specify a upload path.   I also tried to add the upload path in the server ip, like this 192.168.1.1/Volume_1/ipcam1/ but that doesn't work, i get no connection at all.

Strange that there isn't a upload path option.

I really feel like a douchebag for buying 3 of these cams, i guess going the cheap way comes out at being very expensive cause these 3 cams are not what they looked like in the specs to me. Return them to china is no option, shipping costs to china are more expensive from my country then the 90 dollar i paid for them.

My only hope for the future is that some guys will make custom firmware's for these cam's so that they are usable cause they have very much potential.

For instance, why isn't there a config backup option??  I made screenshots of al settings in the webinterface, serious??

Anyhow i have to admit, the video quality at day and night indoor is very good for this price.  

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Private-Sector Post time 2017-7-26 02:55:52 |Show all posts
You are right!!

Almost no older firmware and web ui versions are on the internet, the only one i could find was en53.8.1.13,  the cam updated that one to en53.8.1.14.   Look:
before
----------------------------------
Camera Status
   Web UI Version   EN75.8.53.14
   Alias   IPCAM1
   Alarm Status   None
   Factory DDNS Status   Succeed

After
------------------------------------
  Web UI Version   EN53.8.1.14
  Alias   IPCAM1
  Alarm Status   None
  Factory DDNS Status  Succeed

So it looks like giving them another web ui gives them back ftp and mail, now i also get why upgrading web ui from version 13 to 14 did not delete ftp and mail,  it was upgrading the other web ui from the other hardware revision.

Funny the camera upgrades the wrong webui version itself to the newest version. I guess i got Lucky. Anyway, i will stick with this web ui version.

Greetings, me

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Private-Sector Post time 2017-7-26 03:14:31 |Show all posts
The files where i took the webui from where a package for the 7824wip,

CH-sys-48.53.64.67
CH-app-EN53.8.1.13_VSTARCAM

So by the looks of the firmware number, this package was for an even older hardware revision then the one you are talking about, anyhow it works!

Ive seen pictures of the webinterface on google picture searching where there actually is an web ui version with a ftp upload path option.  

My nas doesnt support forwarding to a other folder,  anyway in 2 days probably my new NAS wil be delivered and maybe that one will support it.

greetings

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Private-Sector Post time 2017-7-26 03:18:45 |Show all posts
Oh and a summertime option at time and date would be nice!

It is one hour behind our actually time here in europe!,

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

MyIPCam Post time 2017-8-2 04:43:47 |Show all posts
So, I have read a lot about recovering e-mail capability by downgrading the webui, and I have read a lot about upgrading the firmware turning your IP cams into bricks. I have a C7824WIP currently running firmware 48.53.75.88 and webui 75.8.53.14. I have found a file CH-app-EN53.8.1.13_VSTARCAM.zip on the Internet and unzipped it. If I try to "upgrade" my webui to the older version could it fail and brick the camera? Why are the first 3 numbers on my current webui 75.8.53, and the first 3 on the "earlier" version 53.8.1? Will the earlier version even run on my C7824.WIP?

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

MyIPCam Post time 2017-8-3 02:06:13 |Show all posts
Do you have to upgrade firmware and Web UI versions together or can you run the old Web UI with the new firmware?

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

MyIPCam Post time 2017-8-4 01:56:22 |Show all posts
OK. Thanks. I have found several very good computer applications that will monitor the video from the IP Cam constantly. These programs will then monitor for motion detection, capture video and images, and then e-mail me and upload videos to servers. They can also capture continuous video decimated in size and time to my liking. FAR FAR more sensitive for motion detection. FAR more versatile for notification. FAR more versatile for image and video formatting. FAR more convenient for transferring videos and images to computer. I have also found that over just a few days my Micro SD card gets corrupted and the videos I download are heavily pixeled and videos are mixed with scenes from earlier videos. Becomes a big video mess that is useless. I have to reformat the card often. Also I noticed on my Micro SD warranties, that these cards which are warrantied for a lifetime are void if used in continuous usages like IP Cams. These cams must really put a strain on these little cards. From now on, I'm just using IP Cam to provide video to desktop computer application, which is fine, because the image quality on my C7824 is fantastic.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Administrator

hbadmin Post time 2017-8-9 09:30:22 |Show all posts
teDDy replied at 2017-7-24 18:26
Edited by teDDy at 2017-7-25 10:28 \n\n
I can confirm you that on latest Web UI version, FTP and ma ...

Dear Sir,
We have cancelled and deleted FTP settings, email settings , So you can not see these functions in some cameras, please notice it.

Use magic Report

123Next
Return to forum Add thread
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

网络摄像机|IP Camera|Network Camera|HD IP Camera|Eye4 Smart Cloud|NVR|VStarcam IP camera bbs    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 20:52 , Processed in 0.097860 second(s), 23 queries .