Return to forum Add thread
Author: Private-Sector

C7824wip no ftp and email settings under the alarm settings

[Copy URL]

!threads!

Friends

Money

MyIPCam Post time 2017-8-3 02:06:13 |Show all posts
Do you have to upgrade firmware and Web UI versions together or can you run the old Web UI with the new firmware?

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

teDDy Post time 2017-8-3 20:23:48 |Show all posts
You are talking about two different firmware branches each one with his Web UI version, so it is not correct to talk about new/old Web UI, simply they are different Web UI for different firmware versions.
I will not try to mix different firmware/Web UI versions, compatibility information are not available so it can works or it can brick the cam, option I wish to avoid.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

MyIPCam Post time 2017-8-4 01:56:22 |Show all posts
OK. Thanks. I have found several very good computer applications that will monitor the video from the IP Cam constantly. These programs will then monitor for motion detection, capture video and images, and then e-mail me and upload videos to servers. They can also capture continuous video decimated in size and time to my liking. FAR FAR more sensitive for motion detection. FAR more versatile for notification. FAR more versatile for image and video formatting. FAR more convenient for transferring videos and images to computer. I have also found that over just a few days my Micro SD card gets corrupted and the videos I download are heavily pixeled and videos are mixed with scenes from earlier videos. Becomes a big video mess that is useless. I have to reformat the card often. Also I noticed on my Micro SD warranties, that these cards which are warrantied for a lifetime are void if used in continuous usages like IP Cams. These cams must really put a strain on these little cards. From now on, I'm just using IP Cam to provide video to desktop computer application, which is fine, because the image quality on my C7824 is fantastic.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Administrator

hbadmin Post time 2017-8-9 09:30:22 |Show all posts
teDDy replied at 2017-7-24 18:26
Edited by teDDy at 2017-7-25 10:28 \n\n
I can confirm you that on latest Web UI version, FTP and ma ...

Dear Sir,
We have cancelled and deleted FTP settings, email settings , So you can not see these functions in some cameras, please notice it.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

teDDy Post time 2017-8-9 15:58:15 |Show all posts
Edited by teDDy at 2017-8-9 15:38 \n\n
hbadmin replied at 2017-8-9 02:30
Dear Sir,
We have cancelled and deleted FTP settings, email settings , So you can not see these ...

The problem is that your official page and all vendors advertise this features.
Specs on your official page tell:
Alarm -> Alarm action -> Video upload via email/FTP server,Mobile App alarm          
http://www.vstarcam.com/C7824WIP-HD-indoor-IP-Camera-138.html

Personally I don't use these features but I think it is really unfair to advertise features that are not available anymore,  because someone chose your camera only because they need these features.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Super Moderator

VS-support1 Post time 2017-8-11 09:26:08 |Show all posts
Private-Sector replied at 2017-7-25 08:20
Edited by Private-Sector at 2017-7-25 08:25 \n\nThank you,

After 2 days of trying and searching i ...

Dear Sir,
We have cancelled FTP , email alarm setting in Web browser client, please notice。

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

MIGUANE Post time 2017-8-11 15:14:24 |Show all posts
Je ne comprends pas pourquoi vous avez supprimé cette fonction alors que la concurence sur les autres camera est offerte
I do not understand why you removed this feature while the competition on other cameras is offered

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Super Moderator

VS-support1 Post time The day before yesterday 11:43 |Show all posts
n\nHi,

We just bought three c7824wip cams, i want to set them to my ftp NAS. But i don't see the ftp and mail service settings under the alarm tab in the webinterface.

When i google, i see other users that do have those settings, what is wrong? Are those features deleted in more recent firmwares? The cam is advertised with ftp and mail protocols.

Here some specs i copied from the vstarcam.com c7824wip product page:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Protocol: TCP/IP,HTTP,TCP,UDP,SMTP,FTP,DHCP,DNS,DDNS,NTP,UPnP,RTSP,P2P,etc
Alarm action: Video upload via email/FTP server,Mobile App alarm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,
For camera security, We have cancelled FTP, email setting in web browser interface.
you can use our eye4 APP, it can set email notification for motion detection, client notification。

Use magic Report

Return to forum Add thread
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Archiver|Mobile version|网络摄像机|IP Camera|Network Camera|HD IP Camera|Eye4 Smart Cloud|网络摄像机|NVS|vstarcam ip camera bbs    

GMT+8, 2017-8-20 09:59 , Processed in 0.066661 second(s), 20 queries .