Return to forum Add thread
!show!: 5955|Reply: 19

C38S does not turn on after firmware update

[Copy URL]

!threads!

Friends

Money

sober607 Post time 2017-11-12 15:57:36 |Show all posts
I have purchased C38S camera at Ukrainian dealer.
After 1 week from purchase something happened with matrix of camera, and i send back camera to seller, he changed it and told that they can not fix it.
Then after 1 month i had latest firmware on camera and i decided to check, does camera has new firmware and run "app-pnp-Upgrade-vstarcam.exe"
This software automatically started to upload older firmware on camera. After reboot camera did not start.
When i called to dealer they refused to change it, as they told that its my problem. But its fully VSTARCAM problem as is their bug that their software made a brick from my camera.
Dealer does not know how to recover firmware on camera.
They i wrote to China office "sales1_vstarcam" first message they replied but after did not reply
PERFECT SERVICE!!!!

So now i dont know what to do with this ......

Is there any way to alive camera? USB-UART?
I have tried to fix it myself, but  "app-pnp-Upgrade-vstarcam.exe" does not find camera.

!threads!

Friends

Money

tolemys Post time 2017-11-13 00:27:30 |Show all posts
Hi,

I just make upgrade firmware with app-pnp-Upgrade-vstarcam.exe for my C38S and i brick too, i can ping my camera, but http access is dead, hard reset button don't work, can you send me firmware file for C38S by mail ? Vstarcam Support Please help, a lot of customers make update firmware and the camera is now brick.

Thank you.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Super Moderator

VS-support1 Post time 2017-11-13 16:12:47 |Show all posts
tolemys replied at 2017-11-13 00:27
Hi,

I just make upgrade firmware with app-pnp-Upgrade-vstarcam.exe for my C38S and i brick too, i c ...

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thanks for your message, please tell me the camera Firmware version, I will send you C38S camera firmware version,
please refer to the way below:
1,download "IP camera finder", connect camera and computer in the same local area via router;
    IP camera finder download URL : http://www.eye4.so/download/
2,open IP camera Finder, search camera IP address, you can find out the camera firmware vesion, as shown in the below picture:
3,tell me your email ID.
BBS 111.png

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

tolemys Post time 2017-11-13 16:18:53 |Show all posts
My actual firmware is 48.53.203.95
Model : C38S

Thank you.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

sober607 Post time 2017-11-15 02:31:53 |Show all posts
VS-support1 replied at 2017-11-13 16:12
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thanks for your message, please tell me the camera Firmware version, I will send y ...

Dear VS-support1

My camera does not start. WHen you turn it on, it even does not turn around head.
SOftware does not see camera any more. Even if i write IP manually.
I even can not check which firmware "app-pnp-Upgrade-vstarcam.exe" installed on my camera. I had latest firmware according to eye4 (3 weeks ago). Then i run  "app-pnp-Upgrade-vstarcam.exe"  and it starting to install lower firmware without asking me. So its seriuous BUG of your software which makes BRICK from camera.

I have sent camera to Vstarcam ukrainian office, but they say they can not update firmware as centrac China office does not give them some information. I dont know, do they only dont wont to do it, or they dont know how to do it.
On one forum i saw that some people reuploaded firmware using USB-UART, but of cource i will not do it.
DO you think any chance to fix it?

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Super Moderator

VS-support1 Post time 2017-11-15 09:26:16 |Show all posts
tolemys replied at 2017-11-13 16:18
My actual firmware is 48.53.203.95
Model : C38S

Dear Sir,
I have sent the latest firmware to you, please check it.

CH-sys-48.53.203.103.zip

844.53 KB, Downloads: 1909

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Super Moderator

VS-support1 Post time 2017-11-15 09:33:39 |Show all posts
sober607 replied at 2017-11-15 02:31
Dear VS-support1

My camera does not start. WHen you turn it on, it even does not turn around head ...

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thanks for your messge, it must have some wrong operations in upgrade process,  please don't cut off camera power in this process,
the best way is upgrading in phone APP, just click on "upgrade firmware", it is very safe and cannot lead to error.

Use magic Report

8#
!post_deleted!

!threads!

Friends

Money

tolemys Post time 2017-11-16 04:26:35 |Show all posts
Thank you for the firmware i have download it but when i try to upgrade with app-pnp-Upgrade-vstarcam, i have this message  " Upgrade fails ! " no reason. What i can do ? my camera C38S is always bricked. please tell us how we can do.

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

tolemys Post time 2017-11-16 04:31:34 |Show all posts
Eye4 mobile app is a really drain battery champion, i loose 1% of battery each hour, when i use app-pnp-Upgrade-vstarcam for "unbrick" my camera with your firmware i have this message " Upgrade fails ! ". what i can do ? we can't use Eye4 mobile for unbrick because camera is always " OFFLINE " status.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to forum Add thread
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

网络摄像机|IP Camera|Network Camera|HD IP Camera|Eye4 Smart Cloud|NVR|VStarcam IP camera bbs    

GMT+8, 2020-1-19 17:38 , Processed in 0.061309 second(s), 32 queries .