C16S-security-camera
!show!: 1616|Reply: 3

CS665Q not connect or able to add to app

[Copy URL]

!threads!

Friends

Money

Bucho Post time 2022-12-12 02:45:47 |Show all posts
Edited by Bucho at 2022-12-12 02:49 \n\nHi.

Bought a CS665Q few weeks ago, (https://shop.vstarcam.com/outdoor-camera-CS665Q). Set up and tested operation without a problem.  Today I tried to mount it and to operate it again, no matter what I tried, it is no longer able to add to app (both Eye4 and O-Kam), connect to Wi-Fi or able to reset device.

Have been using vstarcam for 5 years now so I am familiar with using eye4 and set up but have not experienced with this new problem where it is constantly flashing red and blue no matter which option I tried in the app to add device or reset.  Manually add allows me to register the device in Eye4 to where it last operated good but it is no longer able to connect to wifi network.  It does posts the firmware needs upgrade and I wonder if it had failed and currently "bricked"

Is it possible to get the firmware for this model so I could flash it through SD card? or if there is any possible solution to resolve this?

Thanks.

struggled vstarcam customer

!threads!

Friends

Money

Administrator

hbadmin Post time 2022-12-16 16:04:35 |Show all posts
Dear customer , Please contact us via support4@vstarcam.com
Sorry for inconvenience caused!

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Bucho Post time 2022-12-22 09:57:52 |Show all posts
hbadmin replied at 2022-12-16 16:04
Dear customer , Please contact us via  
Sorry for inconvenience caused!

Solve the problem, the ground wire from the power for some reasons also share the ground with the wires bundle that goes with RJ45.  When I installed it I have to go through a hole on the wall and that was a bit tight and ripped the cable jacket and cut it.  I have to expose the wires, solder it back for connection and insulate them again.

Replying here just in case same problem happens to others or maybe on your future version, use two separate cables instead of one thick bundle that shares ground within power and RJ45.  

Use magic Report

!threads!

Friends

Money

Administrator

hbadmin Post time 2023-2-15 09:39:37 |Show all posts
Bucho replied at 2022-12-22 09:57
Solve the problem, the ground wire from the power for some reasons also share the ground with the  ...

Dear customer .
Thank you for trying this out!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

网络摄像机|IP Camera|Network Camera|HD IP Camera|Eye4 Smart Cloud|NVR|VStarcam IP camera bbs    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 20:25 , Processed in 0.055617 second(s), 22 queries .